Re: Query on ICT Observatory Stats (off-topic)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:20:07 -0700

Hi Nadim,
At 12:11 13-10-2015, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>I am trying to read more about the Netclean Whitebox solution. It
>seems that it uses BGP peering. Can you explain what is BGP peering
>and how it works? What is a GRE/IP tunnel?

There are different ways to affect internet traffic. In this case,
BGP is used on the ISP side to change the path through which the user
will go through to reach the web site he/she tried to access. GRE is
a technique used to tunnel traffic between two points. It would be
difficult for the user to know that the destination of the traffic is
different.