Re: Laws to fight fake facebook profiles in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:26:39 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 10:37 07-10-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Wouldn't that restrict freedom of expression? Say, if I am talking
>about methods to compromise security on a device or if someone talks
>about "how to grow marijuana", could the laws be used to "curtail" the same?

I wrote some proposed changes affecting security at
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/changes-book-iii-criminal-code-cybercrime-review.html
The law could be used to make verbal or written expressions about a
subject illegal. It would be a restriction to freedom of
expression. It would be difficult to argue for unrestricted freedom
of expression if some people use Facebook as a Far West.

>I am interested. I would not want laws that restrict my views &
>freedom be imposed.

Is it worth it for you and I to go and argue for this while everyone
else remains quiet? I don't think so. I suggest focusing on the
parts which are of interest to both of us.