Re: Privacy Compliance Assessment

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 23:33:21 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 12:27 26-09-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Although it's been months since the "Privacy Compliance Assessment"
>was completed, it's only today that I penned down a blog post :)

I suggest using "web browser" instead of "Internet browser". The
slides which the Commissioner used for her presentation are at
http://dataprotection.govmu.org/English/Publications/Documents/Presentation/Privacy240415.ppt

As you mentioned, the subject of privacy is poorly understood in
Mauritius. Some companies collect data on their web sites without
finding out whether there are any requirements which they have to
comply with. Will the web developer be blamed if there is a complaint?