Re: Biometric ID Card

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 19:14:26 +0400

Hello SM,

Below is an extract from an article [1] in defimedia.info.

        "Du côté du ministère de la Technologie, de l’Information et de la
Communication, l’on affirme que la Declaration Form est toujours à
l’étude et que les changements n’ont pas encore eu lieu."

If I have well understood, even though the Ministry of Technology,
Communication & Innovation is inviting people to apply for the Biometric
ID Card, actually proper changes are yet to be brought. The "consent
form" is not appropriate at the moment.

In previous mails we have seen that the storage of photos, JPEG as some
government officials call it, is against the Supreme Court injunction.
Therefore, I have a question, is the ministry doing something "unethical"?

[1]
http://www.defimedia.info/live-news/item/79977-carte-d-identite-la-declaration-form-toujours-maintenue.html