Re: Banning of Facebook

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 19:24:09 +0400

Hello SM,

On 2015-09-12 01:25, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Is the image in the blog article at
> http://hacklog.mu/did-the-government-make-requests-to-facebook/
> licensed under "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike"?

Yes, the image was published [1] under a CC license, not share-alike
though. You can search for images on the web that are labelled for
re-use. The author can claim it and ask for removal if he/she wishes.

> "If the ICT Authority made a request to Facebook and didn't receive a
> reply,
> I wonder whether the ICT Authority followed the proper guidelines."
>
> Is the ICT Authority "law enforcement"?

The ICT Authority is a regulator not law enforcer. I quoted ICTA in the
article [2] since the extract from defimedia.info mentioned that a
person from ICTA said usually they do not receive a reply. I assumed
from that it was ICTA who contacted the organization for subscriber
information.

[1] http://intergalacticrobot.blogspot.com/2011/09/o-crime.html
[2] http://hacklog.mu/did-the-government-make-requests-to-facebook/