Re: Connection box broken on pole

From: Ish Sookun <ish.sookun_at_lsldigital.mu>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 22:04:17 +0400

Hello SM,

On 09/05/2015 09:12 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I read http://hacklog.mu/orange-connection-box-hanging-on-the-pole/
> That Mauritius Telecom pole attracts lorries as it is the second time
> that the connection box was damaged by a lorry. I did not see a reply
> from Orange (Mauritius). Did that company reply to your email?

No. I did not receive any reply.

> Your mother suggested a sensible solution. How come the Mauritius
> Telecom technicians did not think of having the connection box higher up
> the pole?

They told her that such "modifications" should be requested formally
(i.e ask Mauritius Telecom), as works on the cables/poles are done by
contractors. I am awaiting the Mauritius Telecom staff to reply my email
and I'd request the same. Thanks to the mailing list, at least I'll have
a public record of the request :)