Re: Internet speeds in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 08:24:50 -0700

Hi Kevin,

I subscribed you to the mailing list. Please send me an email if you
would like to be unsubscribed.

At 07:48 04-09-2015, Kevin Beaumont wrote:
>We are looking at setting up Internet services in Mauritius and
>site-to-site VPNs back to the UK. What are speeds and reliability
>like in Mauritius?

The speed depends on whether the service you got from the ISP is
best-effort or a service with the speed being guaranteed in the
SLA. An ADSL (4M) business package has an upload speed of 1,024
kbps. Internet access is, in general, as reliable as with an ISP in U.K.

You can get faster speeds with IPLC or "Global IP Premium". The
price for 10 Mbps is advertised as MUR 67,200. It should be more
reliable as it includes dedicated international bandwidth.