Online services for citizens

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 07:48:09 -0700

Hello,

Articles about Mauritius sometimes mentions the 64 online services
available to citizens. Unfortunately, there isn't any information to
assess whether those online services are useful to citizens. I came
across some statistics stating that there were 40,000 hits over a
period of 16 months for the Driving Learner's license "service". 89%
of the "services" for citizens received less than 100 hits over that period.

Technology is supposed to make things easier for people. For
example, it is useful to know how long we will have to wait for a
service in a government office instead of going there and waiting in
a long queue for the service. That may be against local tradition [1] though.

Is it worth it spending a million rupees or less on a small project
to solve a "long queue" problem?

1.
http://www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/696ef383b3ee4d176676b5dfd47e0b52_XL.jpg