Open Data - mobile apps

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:28:15 -0700

Hello,

During the Open Data workshop a few examples of mobile apps using
Open Data were mentioned. One of the examples was of a mobile apps
in the United States and another example was of a mobile apps in
Trinidad and Tobago. Both examples were, in my opinion, not
well-suited for Mauritius.

I received a question about the extent of the "apps economy" in
Mauritius. I could not find any successful mobile app or any
information to prove that there is an "apps economy" in
Mauritius. There are a few cases where a mobile apps has been
developed in addition to the web site. However, it does not look
like there is an "economy" behind those mobile apps.

I would like some feedback about the above. I am also interested in
any information about whether there are developers creating mobile
apps for local companies.