Re: Le matinal fatal error message

From: Vy-Shane Sin Fat <shane_at_node.mu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:33:26 +0800

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:05 AM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <
shelly.bhujun_at_umail.uom.ac.mu> wrote:

> [image: Le matinal]
>

> Hello all,
>
> I was reading an article on Le matinal and then I got a Fatal error
> message.
>
> I clicked on refresh and then it was okay.
>
> Why did this happen?

It's possible that they were doing some work on the production server.
Maybe they were updating software packages. For a brief moment the MDB2
library [1] wasn't available and you got that error. I'm just guessing
there.

These things can happen from time to time. There are ways to mitigate that.
You could use multiple web servers behind a load balancer, and update the
servers independently of each other. But obviously costs are proportional
to the level of engineering that you want to throw at the infrastructure.

[1]: https://pear.php.net/package/MDB2/docs/latest/MDB2/MDB2.html

Le_matinal.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Le_matinal.jpg)