Re: www.vitech.mu

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:53:54 +0400

Hi Shelly,

On 7/22/15 10:31 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:

> I don't understand, you said that www.vitech.mu is compromised but i can
> access all the links on the website.
> Please explain how you noticed it got hacked:
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/www-vitech-mu-compromised.png

When we say a website got compromised, it means its security has been
breached. For example, not everyone on the internet would have rights to
upload a document or picture on a certain website. Website owners would
restrict such actions otherwise anyone could upload content such as
pornography, malware, warez and cause prejudice to the person. Thus,
when a person happens to breach such security and uploads something or
modifies the existing content, we say the website got compromised.

A text document named "al.txt" which contains the wordings "Hacked by
the_warri0r" has been uploaded on vitech.mu. Thus, its security has been
*compromised*.

You can still access the website's original content on www.vitech.mu. If
that was changed to something more compromising, we would have called it
a "web defacement".

Web defacement information is usually published on zone-h.org.

I hope it answers.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.