FTTH 10 M with FUP

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 12:43:15 -0700

Hello,

I read http://lafibre.myt.mu/ and I saw that your company is
advertising a FTTH 10 Mbps with FUP offer for Rs 949. I watched the
video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1FvR4DheB8 It shows a
family using the internet to stream videos from youtube.com, to play
games, and for taking "selfies". The price for this unlimited high
speed internet access (10 Mbps) is Rs 934.

I did some arithmetic to find out what the data usage would be for a
family watching a video a day. The result was 62 GB. I added 50% to
that amount to include other normal usage of the internet. In my
opinion, the total data usage for a month would be 93 GB.

Some acquaintances explained to me how their mothers stream videos
daily. I hope that your company would not consider it as unfair
usage as any dutiful son or daughter would enable his/her mother to
do that. After all, a mother's happiness is important.

Nowadays, it is important for young couples in Mauritius to be able
to watch a video to learn how to cook a delicious meal. That is
probably why eligible bachelors in Mauritius are asked whether they
have "LaFibre" when they make a marriage proposal.

Does your company view 93 GB monthly data usage on FTTH as normal
internet usage for a 3+ person family in Mauritius?