Re: Prevention of Corruption

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 10:15:35 +0400

Hi SM,

On 7/1/15 2:20 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I also got a 404 error when I did the above. I see that you wrote a
> blog article about the error ( http://hacklog.in/who-designed-icac-mu/
> ). The is a copy of the document at:
> http://dpp.govmu.org/English/Documents/Legislation/PREVENTION%20OF%20CORRUPTION%20ACT%202002.pdf

Thank you for the link.

Last night I wrote about my observation on the icac.mu website. It runs
on WordPress and the same is designed by eruption.mu. The ICAC website
shares the same server as al.mu. The server is on the cloud at
digitalocean.com. Therefore, the documents hosted under icac.mu are
actually outside the territory of Mauritius. There is subscription
option on icac.mu but I could not find a privacy policy on the website
(unless I did not look at the right place).

I have a reason to believe the domain al.mu which also has content on
icac.mu's server, does not actually belong to the Independent Commission
Against Corruption of Mauritius.

The domain al.mu loads same content as on eruption.mu. Some time back
eruption.mu was cited in a L'express article [1] regarding Mauritian
websites that were defaced.

The footer of icac.mu says "Powered by Eruption", which might give the
impression that "Eruption" could be a web framework. The WordPress theme
is from themeforest.com. That is why in my article I cited our mail list
discussion on WebCup standard (where developers do not provide credit to
original authors).

[1]
http://www.lexpress.mu/article/263693/cinq-sites-internet-pirates-groupes-terroristes

​Ish Sookun