Re: Your GPS might have issues on the 30th of June

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:23:41 +0000

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> It's 00:10 right now. My openSUSE didn't crash. My Macbook is still
> running. My Android Phone is still up and running, my TV did not
> explode, my refrigerator didn't ate anyone in the house. To cut it
> short, I am still alive [1].
>
> [1] http://hacklog.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/nadim-leap-second.png

US stock markets have been affected by the leap second :)

Here’s exactly how various markets are addressing the problem: Nasdaq
and NYSE Arca Equities have decided to close shop early.
Intercontinental Exchange ICE 0.63% and CME Group CME 0.81% have said
they’ll delay transactions. And at futures exchanges in countries like
Australia, Japan, and South Korea—where $3.7 billion is at stake at
the opening bell, according to Bloomberg — they will take the Google
approach and “smear” the extra time over a longer period of time. In
other words, they’ll cut the second into smaller bits and spread it
out across several hours. From ->
https://fortune.com/2015/06/29/leap-second/

Are you sync'ing over local time or NTP :p ?