Re: Ads on websites in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 12:29:00 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 09:58 27-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I would like to refer to the link you sent in 'The story of the
>security-plagued cyberisland' .
>http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/www-lemauricien-com-ads-gf.png
>
>Do the companies having websites in Mauritius have control over the
>ads appearing on their websites?

Companies can control whether to display ads or not on their web
sites. Up to a few months ago, if I recall correctly, the local
press web sites had control over the ads being displayed on their web
sites. The web sites are now displaying Google advertisements
[1]. The web sites have control over whether ads about sensitive
topics such as religion, politics or sex are displayed.

Would the advertisement (see link above) be printed on the first page
of that newspaper? There would likely be complaints [2] if the
newspaper published that. I don't know whether there has been any
complaints about that type of advertisement appearing on the web site
of the newspaper.

1. https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/1631343
2. http://www.genderlinks.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=13022