Re: Meeting on Multi-Stakeholder Forum // 12 June 2015

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 00:02:09 -0700

Hi Nadim,
At 01:54 13-06-2015, Mohammad Nadim wrote:
>1. Among whose members? The multi-stakeholder forum? The association
>/ group you are representing?

It is members of the group.

>2. I am having difficulty understanding what a "Multi-stakeholder
>Forum" really is. I thought that representatives of an association /
>group / etc. can share and discuss the notes of the meeting with
>their respective members of the association / group they are
>representing. And during the meeting they can voice out points that
>were agreed by consensus.

Mr Velvindron forwarded a message about how a "multi-stakeholder"
body operates. In Mauritius, workshops are like lectures;
"multi-stakeholder" is like a committee where the government, the
private sector and the University of Mauritius are represented. How
do you expect me to "voice out points that was agreed by consensus"
when I was not given the opportunity to read the document which was
discussed during the meeting?

>3. When will the minutes be approved? I hope it won't take another 3-4 weeks!

The minutes will be approved at the next meeting. I don't know when
the next meeting will be held.

>4. What is the use of sharing something that have already been
>approved? We'll discuss what then? Something that have already been approved?

People generally do not read the documents they are sent as they are
"busy". We could discuss about the document which has already been
approved. People might not do more than that because they are "busy".