Re: Open Government Data - datasets

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:14:51 +0400

Hello SM,

I see you have neatly written down what we discussed. Thank you :-)

On 6/10/15 1:27 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> The dataset requested is:
>
> - name of school, type of school (primary, secondary), class level,
> number of students, number of students who passed the end of year
> examination, number of students who failed the end of year
> examination
>
> The data for the above is available from the Ministry of Education.

Yes, I confirm the above request.

> The Linux User Group Meta promotes the use of Open Source Software in
> Mauritius. There isn't any information available about software
> procurements by the government. Having that information would help the
> Linux User Group Meta assess the demand for Open Source Software in
> government and promote transparency in the supply of software.
>
> The dataset requested is:
>
> - date, name of supplier, software purchased, quantity, cost
>
> The data for the above is available from the Ministry of Technology,
> Communication and Innovation.

I confirm the above request.

I also cited information about computer security incidents in Mauritius.
The information can be used to draw stats about security of local websites.

The dataset requested is:

        - type of incident (spam, phishing, defacement, data leaks etc),
date/time of occurrence, origin of attack

The data for the above is available from the Computer Emergency Response
Team of Mauritius (CERT-MU).

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.