Re: 2015 SCJ 177

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 15:12:27 +0000

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Dhiruj Rambaran <dhiruj_at_shoponline.mu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes there is a training issue, lack of competencies etc. But this all forms
> part of the vicious cycle of being an underperforming country in terms of
> the quality of our compromised education system... a system which could have
> benefited vastly through IT (or even just common sense).
>
> The point is, within this cycle, there has to be a place to start and I
> believe it's through allowing biometrics/IT to do what it does best.. to
> improve the lives of everyone in the long term. It's already proved it can
> do so in practically all ways.
>
> Our world is now a data-driven world and all opportunities are coming from
> it. As I mentioned we can be pedantic and speak of every aspect of privacy,
> right to information etc but, in the long run, I believe it's an overkill.
> Yes it still makes sense to question decisions, but should be done so with
> all other considerations (eg the development of a data-driven country).

Hi Dhiruj, I partly agree with you here. We are moving more and more
towards a society where data is becoming more and more useful to
companies.

Back in 2013, when the pervasive surveillance practices were made
public, a few companies took necessary actions to encrypt the
communications between datacenters.

Also, I think that this argument is very much valid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3kWxq5dFdU