Introduction

From: Daniel Laeng <daniel_at_laeng.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 19:17:49 +0400

Hi,

I just realised we are meant to introduce ourselves on this mailing list
- time for me to do so.

I'm a freelance software developer, doing remote work for a few UK based
startups. I tend to work mostly in the Ruby ecosystem, and mostly on
web/API projects. I've been living in Mauritius for 18 months. I have
a strong interest in open data, especially around the property sector,
and am keen to shine some light on the opaque property industry.

I keep an eye on this list to keep in touch with local tech issues -
it's nice to see what other people in the tech community are up to. I
also strongly support the aim of 100Mbps local internet, to give some
credibility to the "cyber island" concept. I also feel some solidarity
in knowing I'm not the only one suffering from a slow internet connection.

Cheers,

Dan.

--
Daniel Laeng