Re: Securely manage your blog for free

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 13:58:19 +0400

Hi SM,

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> That's a good question. The answer to the question is slightly incorrect.
> The blog article describes a nice trick. It generated some discussion. :-)

I have used SSH port forwarding mostly with SecureCRT (on Windows) to
connect to servers where the sshd_config was already set. Yesterday on
the server I tried it, I stopped another service that was using
iptables & did the test. Yup, added AllowTcpForwarding which wasn't
present. It still didn't work. I didn't analyze the traffic on that
interface though :P

On my local machines SSH tunnelling works fine.

My question would be more about getting average bloggers using this trick.

- I blog at HACKLOG.in.