Wrong photo of Mauritian President on Yahoo News

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:01:05 +0400

Hello,

I was reading an article on Yahoo News[1] and I realised that whom they
reported as the President of Mauritius Kailash Purryag is actually the
former Prime Minister of Mauritius Navin C. Ramgoolam.

The article mentions the stepping down of President Kailash Purryag. The
wrong photo is caused by an initial mistake by gettyimages.com[2].

On 5 August 2014, it was not the President Kailash Purryag but the former
Prime Minister of Mauritius Navin C. Ramgoolam that visited the White
House[3].

I blogged my observation on hacklog.in[4].

[1] http://news.yahoo.com/mauritius-president-steps-down-215848754.html
[2]
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/president-of-mauritius-kailash-purryag-arrives-at-the-white-news-photo/453226984
[3] http://allafrica.com/stories/201408051519.html