Re: WebCup 2015

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 22:24:30 +0400

Hello Vy-Shane,

On 25 May 2015 at 19:24, Vy-Shane Sin Fat <shane_at_node.mu> wrote:

>> What I'm disagreeing on is the suggestion that it's okay to knowingly do
> bad engineering in order to fit the client's budget. You're simply setting
> your project up for failure if you do that.

Please don't misunderstand me. Or rather I must apologise for not putting
my point(s) clearly. I'm no way compromising with bad codes, etc. First of
all, coming to the WebCup, the team members should have paid attention to
the criteria on which they were to be assessed. And good or clean code
development was not a criteria. Personally I think that if this was a
criteria, then the standard of the WebCup would have been higher. And yes I
want a higher standard for the Webcup.

Jochen often argues about "clean code development." Maybe he could push
this concept into the next Webcup.

Secondly, see the example I gave when replying Dhiruj's mail (the web form
and the €500 example).

When Yusuf, Sun & Yuv send their valuable feedback (see the archives), in
no means i'm telling them "fsck with your code quality / coding standards."
Not at all. I'm for good coding quality, good soft engg, etc.

Regards,
Nadim Attari