Re: WebCup 2015

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 14:16:31 +0000

>> Ynot team has replaced the copyright of Dan Partac[3] by their own. I doubt
>> if they contacted the latter to have his permission. Does WebCup 2015 know
>> if this copyright infringement?
>>

> Stripping a license from a an existing piece of work is definitely a
> bad thing, and this does not help to improve the country's image.

If you ship this code to a client, and either you/they put it online,
they immediately become liable to copyright infringement. The process
of Open Source compliance is not that hard in this case, as all you
need to do is just add a line such as Copyright (C) 2015 my team for
the code that you added, or if you made extensive modifications. If
you are modifying GPL code, you have to put it under GPL.