Mauritius Open Data Readiness Assessment

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 15:08:22 +0400

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you to enquire about the workshops[1] aimed at assessing
Open Data readiness of Mauritius. I believe the Ministry of Technology,
Communication and Innovation is sending out invites to people interested in
Open Data.

Earlier in May I was contacted by Ms Alla Morrison of the World Bank. I
expressed my interest in participating in the workshops. I also suggested
her names of other local developers I know, as she requested. I haven't
receive any invite yet and it appears other people who showed interest
haven't either.

Is the Ministry of TCI sending invites based on a list of names? Wouldn't
it be more proper to broadcast a public announcement calling for people who
are interested in Open Data, just the way Ms Morrison did?

Regards,

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/05/1735.html

--