Re: Open Data - Mauritius

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:45:28 +0400

Hello,

I am a web developer and I would be interested in using Open Data
concerning Mauritius for research purposes. I want to be able to build
real-time graphs using Open Data provided by the government portal to
represent things visually.

I went to the web site [2]. I assume that the Open Data is at
> http://dataportal.statsmauritius.govmu.org/ I did a data search and got
> a Time Series. I clicked on "Browse" and I was given the following options:
> 1. Export to XLSX
> 2. Export to DOCX
> 3. Export to PPTX
> 4. Export to PDF

These formats could be appropriate for 'hard copies of reports', but not as
an online resource for Open Data.

I would advice using a Web Service model so that these data could be
accessed in Real-Time using an API. That would be a big step forward,
giving developers an opportunity to step up their research and come up with
higher calibre apps.

Thanks and Regards,

*RAMGOLAM Sandeep*

*Front-end Developer - Designer - Web Enthusiast - Gamer**Website :*
barfii.net <http://www.barfii.net>