Re: Desintoxication digitale

From: Amaelle Lamusse <lamusse.amaelle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 19:35:30 +0400

Good evening everyone :-)

Hope you all had a great day. The article is very interesting and this part
: "Bientôt, nous ne pourrons pas imaginer vivre sans accès à Internet, tout
comme c’est devenu le cas pour l’eau courante, l’électricité, le téléphone,
la radio, la télévision, entre autres" reminded me of Daniel C. Dennett's
work "Living without the Internet for a couple of weeks" (
http://ase.tufts.edu/cogstud/dennett/papers/worried.pdf).

Professor Dennett warns about the huge panic and helplessness that will
occur in case of a long-term Internet blackout. As he points out, we're so
dependent on the Internet now that we could not possibly imagine doing
anything without it. Part of his conclusion is about panic management as,
according to him, "panic can be contagious, and when that happens, people
make crazy and regrettable decisions". For those who understand Spanish,
there is another very interesting article in "El Pais" where Professor
Dennett speaks in more detail about our dependency as far as the Internet
is concerned :
http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2014/03/25/actualidad/1395776953_258137.html?id_externo_rsoc=FB_CM

As Mrs Meetoo mentioned in her article : "Il s’agit simplement pour chacun
de trouver l’équilibre qui permette l’utilisation optimale de ces nouvelles
technologies tout en préservant des comportements sains et plus bénéfiques
à notre corps et à notre intellect."
However, in a society where mostly everything takes on exaggerated
proportions, finding the fine balance is not always easy...

Have a great evening :-)

Cheers,

Amaelle