Re: 100 Mbps local access to the internet

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 21:48:12 +0400

Hi Shelly,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <
shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently using 1 Mbps. I was wondering why you are asking for 100
> Mbps. Why not 50? why 100? What is the maximum?

​What we're asking is not just 100 Mbps. It has to be supported with the
word "local access". That means every computer (PC, Notebook, Mobile Phone,
Server) which is connected to that Internet Service Provider's network can
communicate with each other at 100 Mbps.

Therefore, knowing that YouTube is cached by Orange, the first time you
visit a video on YouTube it will be delivered to you at XX Mbps (< 100
Mbps) while a second time you, me or anyone else on the same network will
access the now cached video at 100 Mbps (which is faster). In this way, we
can maximize user experience without putting an overhead on international
bandwidth.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.