RE: Budgettravel.mu "root" directory

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 07:59:00 -0700

Hi Kunal,
At 02:50 08-04-2015, Businesscontact wrote:
>Grateful to provide the specifics of the security so as we can proceed.

I would like to thank Orange Mauritius for responding to the email
about a security issue. Ish Sookun replied to your message and
provided some details about the security issue.

The www.budgettravel.mu web site was either compromised or
incorrectly configured several months ago. Some information which is
usually kept private for security or privacy reasons, e.g. private
SSL key, passwords, personal information, etc., was accessible to the public.

Some of the personal information looks like data held by
www.radioplus.mu The attacker probably took control over the system
running on cpanel3.intnet.mu (202.123.27.136). One of the web sites
hosted on cpanel3.intnet.mu was used for phishing
secure.bnpparibas.net in February. There were phishing reports of
attacks from web sites hosted on cpanel3.intnet.mu in December 2014.

Irshaad Abdool and Ish Sookun both noticed that the file at
http://www.budgettravel.mu/photos/k2/root/venen_radioplusvenen_radioplus20apr2011.sql
is publicly accessible. Although it has been reported that the file
contains personal information, it is still publicly accessible.