Re: chili.mu

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 09:04:09 +0400

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:40 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> I read your blog article about chili.mu ( http://hacklog.in/chili-mu-
> compromised/ ). There is some nudity on the chili.mu web site. The
> company replaced the home page of its web site with a blank web page a few
> minutes ago. The web site is still serving the content which you mentioned
> in your blog article.

​I believe chili.mu is getting a peak in traffic and giving blank page,
while the other links (as I mentioned in my blog post) do not load content
from chili.mu's server. Thus they display fine.

In the past I emailed MTML twice for vulnerabilities on their website. They
fixed them. I can do it once or twice as it does not take much of my time
but I am not a "free monitoring service" :-) If MTML isn't serious about
their website, I am no more pinging them through emails.

It's now upto consumers to be cautious while visiting the website; make
sure your computer is protected against virus/malware the webserver could
have been infected in earlier attacks.

Regards,

​Ish Sookun

- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.