Re: .mu proposed model

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:18:05 +0400

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please see the following drafts about the .mu proposed model:
>
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-selectcomiittee-public-consultation-final.pdf
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-selectcomiittee-proposal-18032015.doc
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-governance-model-26022015.doc
>
> I would like to have your opinion about what is being proposed.

Hi SM,

From the document:
It is to be noted that for both 1 & 2, we suggest to enlist
appropriate consultancy services. It is suggested that the MTCI
contact Mr Chris Disspain of auDA (of Australia) for this purpose. Mr
Disspain is also the chair of the Country Code Domain Name Supporting
Organization (ccNSO) and as such he is an ICANN board member.

I don't see the point of hiring Mr Disspain, as

1) We already have someone who was appointed by IANA as a TCR working on this.

2) I fear that it would lead to 2 different action plans, which will
hamper, rather than consolidate efforts.

3) Having a foreign consultant was something that was attempted in the
past, and it did not work.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.