Re: Proposal of the new .mu framework - legal entity

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:10:27 +0000

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 6:56 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
> At 11:24 29-03-2015, Benoit Gentil wrote:
>>
>> Should the elected board members be executive or non-executive?
>

> The elected Board members would be non-excutive.
>
>> Nominet (.UK Operator) has a structure where four non-executive board
>> members are elected by the members. They also have three appointed
>> non-executive and four executive board members. The executives board members
>> are employed by the registry and they are the Chief Executive Officer (CEO),
>> Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
>

> I suggest comparing with other structures without using those structures as
> examples as they may be internal problems which are not visible.
>
> I prefer not to have appointed board members. Appointments do not work well
> in Mauritius. The Board members would be accountable to the membership as
> they are elected by the members. It is common to have an executive board
> member; it is worthwhile to consider whether to have that or not.

I think that a simple structure, with a small number of board members.
I think that the CEO should also be a board member.

I think that a lean structure is the best.

Since the budget will very likely be limited, I think that we cannot
afford to have a complex structure.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.