Re: .mu proposed model

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 17:48:12 +0000

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in> wrote:
> Hi Logan,

>> Experience show it is possible. There seems to be a misconception
>> about what a board does.
>

> I would argue that members might not give much of their effort and time in
> absence of a compensation. This is not open source where you find passionate
> people doing stuffs as part of a hobby.

I think that an allowance to cover food + transport is reasonable to
cover the expenses of a board member.

A board can meet each quarter, or 2 times a year. If a board is
involved every month, then, I think that we have a problem.

>> A Board shouldn't and must not be involved in the day-to-day operation
>> of an organization.
>

> An advisory/council should be properly informed of activities that are
> affected by its proposals. This excludes hands-on involvement but retains
> knowledge of the operations.

A board's role is to do the strategic plan, not the day-to-day
operations. The CEO writes high level reports to the board about the
progress of the strategic plan.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.