Re: National Conference

From: Anthony Salomon <salomonanthony2807_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:29:01 +0100

Hello,

I backup Ish on the fact that paying Rs2000 and taking a day leave at work
on this type on conference does not really worth it.

We have seen recently heard the IT Minister proclaiming an open IT policy
in Mauritius which would involve various stakeholders which is very
promising for the IT sector even if we all know there is much more to do.

After seeing the lists of speakers and reading about the objective of the
conference here :
http://defimedia.info/defi-quotidien/dq-interview/item/69796-harish-bheemul-le-ministere-des-tic-a-du-pain-sur-la-planche.html
I said to myself I will not learn anything new..

They said ' The aim of the Conference is to provide a platform for debate,
brainstorming and analysis from both the academic and industrial experts'.
In my own opinion, I do think this can be achieved by other means (having
other types of debate with those really involved in IT in a day to day
basis).

Whoever wants to contribute for a better IT insfrastructure in Mauritius
can do so by organising several platforms for discussions (like the last
'Hey do you use the Internet') which is free and open to anyone.

Regards,

Anthony Salomon