Re: patriotic feelings or nationalisim?

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 04:38:40 +0000

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 7:35 PM, Nitin Mutkawoa <jmutkawoa_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> kaalai vaNakkam aya ronny
>
> dude grow up.. we should think from a universal perspective whether there is
> someone from this country or not.
> In this era of globalisation you are still dreaming.. wake up!
> The importance whether foreign or not does not make any difference.

It makes when it comes to critical infrastructure.

The US appoints only US companies with security clearances to work on
security projects.

E.g in Virginia, there are many contractors who work on
OpenSSL-related projects such as FIPS compliance. OpenSSL foundation
is incorporated in the US.

Nitin, do you think that the US would allow its ccTLD (.us, .mil) to
be operated by Russia ?

Conversely, do you think that Russia would allow its ccTLD (.ru) to be
operated by the US ?

When it comes to critical infrastructure such as ccTLDs which can
potentially cripple an entire country, we need trusted people from
their own communities.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.