Re: Technology (off-topic)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 02:40:46 -0700

Hi Ish
At 20:05 15-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>It's my point of view that all of us are different and sometimes we
>might display "disturbing" traits. I find politicians, lawyers,
>policemen, movie stars showing disturbing traits too, yet we don't
>ask for their exclusion from the society. MIU for me is like an
>online society. Unless someone is directing personal attacks over
>repeated warnings, I don't think we should remove/ban people. We
>should rather displomatically explain someone his "last comment" is
>just disturbing to some and explain him which part of it is. People
>who would write such comments sometimes won't even realise they
>disturbed somebody.

You are objecting to the removal of the person by arguing that lack
of empathy will not be a problem for other persons on the mailing
list. This is the second time the person sent a message about lack
of empathy. I had a conversation with the person about his messages
to the mailing list a few weeks ago. I do not think that it is
useful to explain more if the person cannot understand what I told him.

I appreciate that you tried to argue in favor of the person as there
are very few people in Mauritius who would do that. I will contact
the person to ask him to introduce himself to the mailing list and
explain how he can contribute to discussions about the internet in Mauritius.