RE: Meeting with .mu registrars

From: Icy Evolution Web Hosting <support_at_icyevolution.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:45:45 +0400

Hello SM,

Thank you for providing the updates. I'd like to add the following from my
side:

1. I consider the $50 fee for .mu domain expensive too, when we know that a
USD is nearly Rs 36 today. As registrars we have no choice than to increase
the domain retail price so that we will at least have a small margin of
profit. We should be able to pay in Euro just like before or at least use a
fixed price in Mauritian Rs. It's a pain to keep adjusting our MUR retail
price based on the fluctuation of the USD.

2. I agree with Benoit concerning the transfer fee of USD 50 too. When you
transfer a .com domain, you get a one year renewal together with the
transfer. In the case of .mu, you have to pay USD 50 to only transfer the
domain and another renewal price to renew it. My suggestion to the registry
is to waive this transfer fee or at-least, reduce it to something like
$10-$15. A transfer fee which is the same as a renewal fee does not make
sense in my opinion.

3. Accreditation process: As at the last update I had last year, the new
minimum is now 50 domains, not 20.

4. Grace period: A major problem since even if you miss payment by one day,
you have to pay thrice the fee to reactivate the domain. I think that the
registry could have offered at least 1 week of grace period.

Overall: I don't think there is a problem with .mu in itself. There is a
problem with how the business is being done which penalizes the registrars
as well as the clients.

Best Regards,

Tewin Sham
Creative Director
Icy Evolution

Tidal Waves Ltd - BRN: C13115298
4th Floor Ebene Heights,
34 Cybercity,
Ebene - Mauritius
Mobile: +230 57076059 (Orange) - +230 57246634 (Emtel)
Web: www.icyevolution.com - www.mywebsite.mu - www.optimus.mu

The information in this email is intended only for the use of the addressee.
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Tidal
Waves Ltd immediately and erase all copies of the message.