Re: ISOC Mauritius on Facebook

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 03:44:04 -0700

Dear Mr Jokhoo,

I appreciate the reply. I attended the last rejuvenation meeting. I
don't know whether the issue of the two local ISOCs was resolved. I
prefer to stay away from those issues as I would not volunteer to fix them.

Thank you for explaining the "everything" slogan. I am unconvinced
by that as I do not see how people from developing countries benefit
from it. There is also what is known as the "diversity" issue.

Volunteer efforts in developing countries tend to end up with one or
more persons doing the benevolent work. The efforts end up in
failure are there aren't financial benefits. When there are
financial benefits, only a few persons benefit from that. I prefer
initiatives which will benefit a group of persons in Mauritius who
are willing to put in the effort. The number of members only matters
if a group wants to look good instead or achieving something.

I wish you good luck in your efforts.