RE: Meeting about .mu domain names issues with academia

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:10:54 -0800

Dear Mr Halkhoree,

Thank you for expressing interesting in participating in the
meeting. I am not a representative of IANA. I am familiar with IANA
as I have had discussions (unrelated to .mu issues) with them and I
usually meet some of the staff when I am in Los Angeles.

Last week, during a meeting at the Ministry, the Permanent Secretary
of the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation expressed
his concern about .mu. The Permanent Secretary asked whether the
stakeholders shared the same concern as the government and that, if
there is a common purpose, we could move ahead. It was then decided
to set up a small .mu select committee.

The Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation has written
a letter to the University of Mauritius to request a representative
for the .mu select committee. I am leading that select committee and
I am also representing the Mauritius Internet Users in the
discussions about the .mu issues. As a personal initiative I have
been working on meeting different groups, e.g .mu registrars,
academia, etc., to discuss about .mu domain names. The objective is
to ensure that there is adequate information available so that people
with an interest in .mu domain names can determine whether there is a
.mu problem.