Re: Where can I find IT Sec related news for Mauritius?

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:17:29 +0400

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 12:05 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> The phishing alerts are listed at http://cert-mu.govmu.org/
> English/Information%20Security%20News/Pages/Targeted-Security-Alerts.aspx

​Thank you for the link SM.

However, the link does not refer to phishing attacks reported this year.
​The three attacks (1 ABC Banking Corporation and 2 MCB Ltd) listed are
dated as of last year.

There has been an evolution in the attacks with the people behind using the
domain names of the banks. The quality of the messages also have slightly
improved.

I reported phishing attacks using govmu.org domain. It is not listed on the
page.

> The news focus pulls feeds from threatpost.com which has no Mauritian
>> news. As a Mauritian it is not amusing neither useful to me to struggle so
>> much to find Mauritius-related security news updates.
>>
>> The "News Focus" page mentions "Government Report Critical of FAA
>> Security Controls". Is that the Government of Mauritius? What is FAA? That
>> piece of information isn't directly useful to me as an IT person in the
>> industry here on the island. I read such news on slashdot.org, wired.com
>> etc.
>>
>> An Internet user in Mauritius will mostly expect "Mauritian News" under
>> "Focus" on CERT-MU page. Right?
>>

> I would expect that web page to provide news related to Mauritius. The
> FAA is the United States Federal Aviation Administration. The information
> is not of directly useful to me. I don't think that there are a lot of
> people in the local information technology sector which would find the
> information useful. If I wanted the news from Threatpost I would go to
> that web site.

​Precisely, I agree to that.​

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*